Red Silo at 6590 Holman St, Suite #207
Bike Friendly Arvada
BFA 1 Coffee Ride
Our first ride of the year. Come early and enjoy a free cup of brewed coffee before the ride. Also there will be a short 15 minute Ride Leader training in the upstairs meeting room at 9:30am. Easy route for this first ride. You can stay for lunch after the ride.
The Bicycle Friendly Arvada (BFA) is proud to lead fun, organized bike rides all around the city from April into October each year. These rides are geared for cyclists of all levels with a focus on children, families and casual/recreational riders. In 2020 we will be offering two different ride types for different types of riders:
• a Family Ride of approximately 5-7 miles traveling mostly on trails
• a Rec Ride of approximately 12-25 miles on a mix of trails and on street bike facilities
• we will also have a bike corral at several Arvada Festivals
Our 2020 ride schedule can be found on our Meetup page.
All riders are required to where a helmet, follow bike safety and traffic laws, and sign a waiver. Our ride leaders will give a briefing 10 minutes before the ride begins and outline the route and other specifics for the day. So try to arrive at least 20 minutes before the ride begins to give yourself enough time to get ready.
What to bring:
• Your bike (in good working condition)
• Water (preferably a water bottle or camelback)
• Your helmet
• Sunglasses (recommended to keep bugs and sunlight out of your eyes)
• Weather appropriate clothing
• A great attitude and sense of adventure
If you have any questions about our rides, please contact Bill Orchard at BillOrchard@juno.com or 303-422-9468.